Polin Waterparks introduces a new concept in waterpark world:
A Racing, streamlined- design, family-raft, adrenaline, interactive waterslide. First of its kind.
This newly engineered hybrid design incorporates a variety of key features: unique geometry, high capacity, a never-before-experienced ride configuration and an exclusive interactive “Watersplash” feature that ensures intense competition and blasts of adrenaline.
- A Unique Rider Experience. The slide’s streamlined geometric path is unlike any other previously designed attraction. The result is an expertly engineered waterslide that takes guests by surprise from the start of the ride when they launch from an exceptional height: 24 meters (79 feet) — nearly eight stories high. The ride extends along a slide path of 87 meters (285 feet) at a speed of 11 meters (36 feet) per second) — nearly 40 kilometers (25 miles) per hour. The tunnel start part of the slide features Polin’s patented Natural Light Effects technology and Slide’n Roll feature is also available. During the ride, guests are plunged into a bowl configuration and experience the strength of centrifugal force as they whirl around the interior, vertically climbing the side walls of the bowl. The energy gained in this journey provides the force to propel them out of the bowl and then uphill on a wide, sweeping, curved, vertical slope. Rafts rush toward the top of the slope, and just before they seemingly shoot over the edge, gravity safely pulls them backward in a reverse ride. As their raft turns in circles, they are thrust up and over another giant incline before ending their ride in a splash pool and/or run-out. The engineering accomplishment of this slide – with a curved rather than classical slope on the uphill portion of the slide — is a major accomplishment within waterslide design and a concrete example of Polin Waterparks ‘customer-oriented, flexible and efficient design and engineering understanding.
- Attractively Interactive. As rafts shoot to the top of the slope, Polin Waterparks’ exclusive “Watersplash” sensors detect the exact high point reached by the raft. The sensors are connected to a lighting system that displays results on a scoreboard to create a competitive adrenaline rush for the riders. At each level, the lighting system showcases another color and if the raft makes it to the top, water splash feature activates and water splashes over the riders creating great fun and memories. Winners can be determined based on each hour of the day, day of the week or the entire season to ensure months of competition between teams.
- A competitive family experience. In the past, waterslide designers have created attractions that have allowed one individual to race against another individual or multiple individuals. The Storm Racer, however, is to allow families — or teams — to race one another together. The inducement to test different rider impacts on the raft’s agility and speed will push competition to new extremes.
- Central tower. The Storm Racer employs a giant central tower from which the slide launches. The use of this type of tower provides multiple benefits. First, it promises unique spectator appeal with its tower looming above guests and becoming a central point around which a park can be designed. Second, it gives facilities options because the tower can accommodate both a single slide and two symmetrical slides.
- High capacity. Because this slide uses multiple family rafts running simultaneously, the number of guests it can accommodate is 8 x 120 riders per hour. This enables to share the excitement on the riders side. On the operators side, this ensures easier queue management.
- Central start tower with a compact design ( Between the two raft entry points.)
- High-capacity (120x8 riders per hour)
- A shared slide experience with others in the queue
- Family-raft waterslide
- Racing waterslide
- Streamlined and iconic design
- Water splash feature ( Interactivity Lights)
- Both single or racer options available
- Theming possibilities
- L-RTM Manufactured ( please see below for further information)
- SPE, NLE and Slide’n Roll Options are available