Phase 1 of Poland's largest amusement park to debut with indoor aqua park
Opening in April 2018, Park of Poland's first phase will showcase a variety of Polin's signature waterslides in a glass-enclosed water park.
Turkey - April 20, 2017 - Phase one of a new entertainment facility, Park of Poland, debuts this month with the opening of a huge indoor aqua park named "Waterworld". Eventually, the overall facility will grow into the largest amusement park in not only Poland but all of Central and Eastern Europe. It is expected to be second only to Disneyland Paris in size and scope.
The first phase on its own is impressive enough, however. A giant all-glass enclosure wraps around the aqua park, which will cover 20 hectares (49 acres) and feature more than a dozen of Polin Waterparks' signature waterslides. All waterslides have unique design and ride configuration specially designed for this amazing waterpark. A glass-paneled domed roof can slide open or closed to create a palm-tree-filled paradise no matter what the weather.
A major investment and opportunity
The new park is being developed by Global City Holdings (Rotterdam, Holland) in cooperation with strategic partner Wund Unternehmensgruppe (Friedrichshafen, Germany). Wund Unternehmensgruppe, which will be responsible for managing the waterpark, has significant experience with similar operations. The firm currently operates four large water parks in Germany. Its most well-known facility is Therme Erding, Europe's largest indoor swimming pool with a removable roof. Therme Erding is also recognized as the second-largest thermal bath complex in Europe at 145,000 square meters (1,560,767 square feet) and around 4,000 daily guests.
Global City Holdings is making the Park of Poland project one of its highest priorities and expects the facility to create a new industry in Poland and employ 1,100 people. Polin Waterparks is proud to be the waterpark supplier of Waterworld's entertainment offerings. More than 15 different signaure waterslides will fill the facility, in addition to a tropical pool and large spa and wellness center.
The Park of Poland - with a budget of €180 million (US$190.6) - is being designed to appeal to clients of all ages. Further investments will be completed in the next six years with additional entertainment options that - like Waterworld - will be open all year. The park is located near the city of Mszczonów, about 60 kilometers (37 miles) from Warsaw. In its first year, the park is expected to attract 1 million guests.
A galaxy of waterslides
Waterworld will have three zones. The first is its giant swimming pool. A second area will take advantage of the area's natural geothermal water resources to provide indulgent spa treatments. The third will be "the center of the galaxy" and feature more than a dozen of Polin's signature waterslides. The colorful twisting tubes will soar above the lush landscape of tropical plants and orchids inside the facility and include:
- Windigo. Guests enter alongside one another in enclosed tubes that spread out to create geometrical curves that curl parallel with the others and end in multiracer lanes.
- The Multisurf. On this fast and freewheeling mat-racing slide, guests compete on a head-first path of two to six lanes.
- Looping Rocket. This attraction features a unique "launch capsule" 73 feet in the air with a trap door that sends riders through a high-speed, horizontal, 360-degree loop.
- The Space Hole. One of the largest speed slides combines an enclosed tube with a huge, open bowl where centrifugal force whirls guests toward a breathtaking exit.
- Wide Slide. This attraction offers a smooth ride for guests over multiple hills and is especially popular in Polin's "Flying Carpet" and rainbow themes.
- Magic Hole. An enclosed slide with a unique elliptical shape and flat bottom, this ride delivers an unforgettable experience with a variety of twists, turns and drops.
- An Aquatube. Riders of this attraction begin three stories high and whiz through transparent tubes.
- An Aquatube + Body Slide combination. Riders begin three stories high, sliding through transparent tubes before entering a variety of slide paths and varying speeds.
- Black Hole. This enclosed tube slide offers a variety of special effects to create an out-of-this-world visual experience.
Please click to download high-resolution of the render images
Please click to watch the video of Waterworld of Poland project
Image 1 (Perspective View - Waterworld of Poland)
Image 2 (Plan & Side View - Waterworld of Poland)
More on Polin Waterparks
Polin was founded in Istanbul in 1976 and has since grown into a leading company in the waterparks industry. Today Polin is a world leader in the design, production and installation of waterparks, waterslides &and water-play attractions. Polin has completed 2,500 waterpark projects in 100 countries around the world and is the biggest waterslide supplier in Eurasia. Working with a wide variety of clients has helped Polin reach several milestones including installing the first waterparks in many countries and many other award-winning rides at parks with world-renowned reputations.
For more info, visit www.polin.com.tr or contact Sohret Pakis at +90 262 656 64 67 or email@example.com.